I’ve seen lots of negative posts about the event so thought I’d share my feelings on the night.
* The light show on the building was amazing, I understand that people were disappointed that it wasn’t a new projection, but from what I understand that one was only previously seen live at a press event, so was new for me. Yes, the tech was a bit dated, but for me, that added to the fact that we were celebrating something that’s been in the parks for ten years.
* The Goodie Bag. We were all given a printed tote bag, a beautiful leather key ring and a programme of the night which I thought was a lovely touch .
* My fellow attendees. Wow! What an amazing turnout of people. Pretty much everyone had made an effort to dress in theme. It was fabulous to see and everyone looked spectacular!
* The actors. Throughout the entire event there were actors walking around. It was sometimes tricky to tell the actors from guests as everyone had made such effort but they were really interactive and fun. All through the queue for the ride you had actors being really earie and creepy, then outside the actors were joining in the dance party and getting everyone going, it was an amazing addition to the fun of the night.
*Photo Location. I was so glad to see a photopass location for the night, a really cool backdrop and actors to pose with as well. This had a short queue for most of the evening. Our photos turned out really well as a fab memento of the event.
* Dance Party. This was a strange one, the music was perfectly fine, a broad range that would suit most people that wanted a dance, but the party was for such a small amount of people that when it kicked off everyone was either waiting to get the LE merch or on the rides. It was lovely to have music playing in the park as we walked around, just a shame it didn’t really work as a ‘dance party’. It may have been more effective if the party had gone on a bit later.
*Rides. I’ll be honest, I only rode ToT. We were able to walk through without queueing, the actors inside were AMAZING and the ride itself was fab as always. If I were a more ride orientated person then I’m sure I’d have taken the opportunity to ride crush a few times without the crazy daytime queues but, I’m not a ride person – so I didn’t 😂
* The key debacle. The programme said that a limited edition item was available for sale in the gift shop once the projection finished. Seemed everyone decided to go get that immediately and the shop was MADNESS. It took well over a hour for them to get security in an sort out the mess, by which time there had been much shouting and fighting in the queue. What made matters worse was that we were limited to one per person on the night so you had to go buy them individually. Turns out though that they made more than people attending, so everyone could buy the key from the next day anyway 🙄 This part was incredibly poorly organised and disappointing.
*Food and Drink. The restaurant in Studio One was open for burgers and nuggets etc but that was all. It would have been nice to have had some pop up booths with special snacks/drinks for the night.
*Characters. This was the biggest disappointment for me. I expected to at least see bellhop Goofy at the event if not all the VIPs, but sadly there wasn’t a single character at the event. This was a shame.
Overall, I really enjoyed the event. I don’t think that €38 was too much to pay for it as I had an amazing experience. I have heard a lot of people complain about the price, but honestly, I am unsure what more they could have wanted than what I’ve mentioned above.
If circumstances allow then I will definitely be looking to attend the next AP event mentioned in the email following from this one and I encourage any AP holders to do the same!
Did you go? What did you think?